THE CANCER MOONSHOT INITIATIVE
Today, cancer is the leading cause of death worldwide. It's personal for the Vice President — and for nearly every American and millions of people around the world who personally, or through a family or friend, are affected by it.
The Vice President is leading a "Cancer Moonshot Initiative" to seize this moment and accelerate our efforts towards a cure. That means aiming to turn this deadly disease into a manageable chronic condition — and to unleash new discoveries and breakthroughs for other deadly diseases.
Cancer touches each of us. Share your story with the Vice President.
Below is a story by a Long Island resident; Dr. Carmine Vasile, that he posted to the Vice Presidents' website about the Moonshot Initiative. Dr. Vasile is an Electrophysicist who was Grumman Inventor of the Year, when he worked at the Bethpage facility.
Dr. Vasile asked: "Please work together to prevent "America's Water Cartel" from defeating Biden's Cancer Moonshot Initiative, the way they defeated President Nixon's 1971 War on Cancer."
***************Dr. Vasile's Story***********************
In his 1971 State of the Union address President Nixon declared war on cancer as follows "I will also ask for an appropriation of an extra $100 million to launch an intensive campaign to find a cure for cancer, and I will ask later for whatever additional funds can effectively be used. The time has come in America when the same kind of concentrated effort that split the atom and took man to the moon should be turned toward conquering this dread disease. Let us make a total national commitment to achieve this goal." (National Cancer Act of 1971 https://dtp.cancer.gov/timeline/flash/milestones/M4_Nixon.htm)
Nixon neglected to mention the “concentrated effort that split the atom” was the cause of America’s cancer pandemic. The award-winning film, “The Atomic States of America” indicates we lost Nixon’s war on cancer, in part, because EPA officials retaliated by excluding radionuclides from the Safe Drinking Water Act of 1974 (SDWA) --- the year my son was treated for his first of many brain cancers that his Huntington, NY doctors blamed on pesticides. References  to  contain proof of EPA and FDA corruption.
For example, Radon-222 (Rn-222) is a water soluble radioactive gas that cannot be removed by even the most expensive filtration systems without aeration and/or distillation. A 1985 study indicated drinking water in Maine had a mean value of 22,000 pCi/L for Rn-222 in water, with a maximum value over 1,000,000 pCi/L in one the sample. [1, pg. 2]
The graphs I uploaded last year to www.gfxtechnology.com/Po.html indicate a million pCi/L of Rn-222 will emit over 5 million pCi/L of total radiation; about 3 million in Alpha radiation from Rn-222, Polonium-218/218/210 & 2 million of gross Beta & Gamma radiation from Lead-214/210 & Bismuth-214/210.
Yet the EPA failed to set an MCL for Rn-222 in 1991 in contempt of Congress’ mandate to set a Radon-MCL by 1991 in order to prevent 80 cancer fatalities per year. The FDA was ordered by Congress to apply the Radionuclides Rule to bottled water, yet neither EPA nor FDA officials have been prosecuted for contempt of Congress.
Consequently, millions of people continue to be poisoned each day by Radon-222, Polonium-210, 214 and 218 and other radioactive elements in tap and bottled water.
My son’s doctors lied in 1974 to conceal the fact that our drinking water was (and continues to be) contaminated by Rn-222, Po-214, and Po-218 isotopes in concentrations far above the 15 pCi/L Gross Alpha MCL set in 1976 -- the year corrupt EPA officials added the Radionuclides Rule to the SDWA, but excluded Rn-222, the parent of Po-210, 214 and 218.
New York State also has enormous levels of Rn-222, yet Governor Cuomo continues to ignore my February 20, 2015 Polonium Petition @ www.gfxtechnology.com/Cuomo.pdf.
Additionally, http://www.gfxtechnology.com/Gavitt.pdf contains a response to my Polonium Petition in which the NYS Health Department estimated tap water feeding homes @ 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 39, 41, 43, 45, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 and 65 Herbert Circle, Patchogue, NY 11772, has over 1,120 pCi/L of total Alpha radioactivity; about 75 times the Gross Alpha MCL. Yet Governor Cuomo continues to ignore this clear health hazard.
Unless Vice President Biden can overcome such endemic corruption by EPA and FDA officials, as well as corrupt State Governors like Cuomo, his Cancer Moonshot Initiative will fail as did President Nixon’s 1971 War on Cancer.
Dr. Carmine F. Vasile
1. "Measurement of Radon-222 and Lead-210 in Bottled Spring Water", by Timothy A. DeVol, John P. Clements and Lara D. Hughes, Environmental Engineering and Science Department, Clemson University @ http://info.ngwa.org/GWOL/pdf/070580714.pdf
2. "OCCURRENCE OF RADON IN FLORIDA’S PUBLIC WATER SUPPLIES", Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Water Resource Management, Bureau of Water Facilities Regulation, Drinking Water Section (Mail Station 3520), 2600 Blair Stone Road, Twin Towers Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-2400, (850) 487-1762; January 2000. [www.dep.state.fl.us/water/drinkingwater/downloads/reports/radonreport.pdf]
3. Quote from http://cfpub.epa.gov/safewater/radionuclides/radionuclides.cfm?action=Rad_Reverse%20Osmosis
4. EPA Project Summary: "Radon Removal by POE GAC Systems: Design, Perf ormance, and Cost", EPA/600/S2-90/049 Jan. 1991. [It’s been uploaded with comments to: www.gfxtechnology.com/GAC.pdf]
5. According to the EPA, "Reverse osmosis does not remove gaseous contaminants such as carbon dioxide and radon." (Quote from http://cfpub.epa.gov/safewater/radionuclides/radionuclides.cfm?action=Rad_Reverse%20Osmosis)
6. Report to Congress: Radon in Drinking Water Regulations, by the Office of Water (4607M) EPA 815-R-12-002 (May 2012) @ http://water.epa.gov/lawsregs/rulesregs/sdwa/radon/upload/epa815r12002.pdf
7. REPORT OF STATEWIDE SURVEILLANCE FOR RADON IN SELECTED COMMUNITY WATER SYSTEMS, NEW YORK STATE 1989 – 1990; September 1990, by David Axelrod, M.D., New York State Department of Health Commissioner and Kenneth E. Slade, P.E., Bureau of Public Water Supply Protection Contaminant Studies Section. [www.gfxtechnology.com/1990-Rn.pdf]
8. RADON IN DRINKING WATER, March 1988, by David Harris, M.D., M.P.H., Commissioner Suffolk County Department of Health Services (SCDHS), and Aldo Andreoli, P.E., Director, Division of Environmental Health. [www.gfxtechnology.com/1988-Rn.pdf]
9. “For many years, under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), FDA was supposed to adopt and apply to bottled water all EPA tap water standards within 180 days after EPA issued those standards.  FDA was authorized to refuse to apply the EPA tap water standards to bottled water in certain circumstances where it determined and published reasons explaining why they were inappropriate for bottled water.  What happened, however, was that rather than affirmatively making such determinations, FDA just could not seem to be able to get around to issuing bottled water standards or making determinations at all.” Quote from: “Chapter 4, Gaping Holes in Government Bottled Water Regulation” NRDC @ http://www.nrdc.org/water/drinking/bw/chap4.asp
10. See also: “CITIZEN PETITION TO THE FDA COMMISSIONER UNDER THE FEDERAL FOOD, DRUG AND COSMETIC ACT AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE ACT REQUESTING AMENDMENTS TO FDA RULES, AND CERTAIN POLICY STATEMENTS REGARDING BOTTLED WATER”, March 1999, Erik D. Olson, Senior Attorney, Natural Resources Defense Council, Washington, DC [http://www.nrdc.org/water/drinking/bw/bwpet.asp]